Skip to main content

There are several London funding streams or schemes that could help your organisation reduce its carbon footprint.

Better Futures 

Better Futures, led by Greater London Authority, provides growth support for London start-ups and small businesses developing sustainable products, low-carbon and clean technology. Greater London Authority assess new companies for the programme every six weeks. Depending on the volume of companies applying in each six-week cycle, support can begin three to six months from their application being approved. 

Deliveries toolkits 

Transport for London has been working with businesses, fleet operators and local authorities to find effective, cost-efficient ways to receive and make deliveries and service trips – it includes info on how to introduce cycle freight alternatives and consolidation of waste. 

Grow Back Greener fund 

Funding for community project activities that help make London greener, fairer, healthier and more resilient are considered under the Grow Back Greener fund.

To be eligible for the Grow Back Greener fund, project activities should take place in and enhance publicly accessible spaces including parks, community gardens, housing estates, streets, waterways and nature reserves. They should mainly be focused on making physical improvements to the space. 

London Community Energy Fund 

The London Community Energy Fund is part of the Mayor of London’s Energy for Londoners programme and provides support and capital grants to community energy projects.

The Mayor of London’s Energy Efficiency Fund

The Mayor of London's Energy Efficiency Fund (MEEF) can fund up to 100% of the capital cost of a £1million+ energy efficiency project but could also part-fund large scale regeneration projects including:  

  • Energy efficiency
  • Decentralised energy 
  • Small-scale renewables 
  • Energy storage 
  • Regeneration projects
  • Electric vehicle charging infrastructure 

A minimum of 70% of investments must be to the public sector with the remaining 30% available for private sector applications. 

ULEZ Scrappage Scheme

The Mayor of London's van and minibus scrappage scheme has expanded the eligibility requirements and increased the grant payments. It supports eligible sole traders, small businesses, micro businesses and charities to scrap or retrofit vehicles that don't meet the Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) emissions standards.

Waste Prevention Community Fund 

The North London Waste Authority's (NLWA) Waste Prevention Community Fund provides not-for-profit community organisations with access to funding to develop new waste prevention tactics and to extend the reach and impact of waste prevention activity in north London. Funding can cover up to 100% of projects costs can be awarded to a total of £15,000. 

Projects focusing on the following areas are particularly encouraged:  

  • Electrical repair and reuse
  • Prevention of food waste
  • Furniture and textile reuse
  • Reduction of single use plastics 

The funding application period for 2023 has now closed.


ReLondon helps organisations develop, launch and pilot circular economy initiatives. They host regular events, including London Circular Economy Week.

Solar Skills London: Grant Scheme 

Solar Energy UK runs a grants scheme to support London’s solar energy businesses to provide training for employees as part of their professional development.